Students acquire knowledge regarding Media Mix and how to plan Media buying and planning strategies, along with knowledge about various departments involved in the advertising field like, Brand building, Copywriting, Consumer behavior etc. They also acquire the skill of Ad making. Making them professionals in their fields.
Students understand distinctive features of Journalism, they acquire skills on reporting, editing and newspaper making , all of which are a industry must have skills. Along with it they also learn in detail about the history of various newspapers. The contemporary and political issues, Laws and ethical behavior etc. Making them professionals in their fields.
Specific Programme Output
Effective Communication Skills- 1
a. To make the students aware of functional and operational use of language in media.
- To introduce key concepts of communications
Fundamentals of Mass Communication
- To introduce students to the history, evolution and development of Mass communication
- To develop critical understanding of Mass Media
History of Media
- To help students understand the history of various mediums
- To make them understand the power and contributions of various mediums
- To make students aware about the real issues hindering the growth of our country
- b. To inculcate the habit of reading , understanding and discussions among the students
a. To educate students about the Visual Aspect of communication
b. To educate the students , to use signs and symbols in the non verbal communication
a. To establish a link between politics and Media
b. To acquaint the students with the Indian Constitution and functioning of the Indian political System
Effective Communication Skills- II
- To make the students aware of use of language in media and organization.
- To equip or enhance students with structural and analytical reading, writing and thinking skills.
- To introduce key concepts of communications.
Foundation Course –II
- To help them understand the constitution of India.
- To acquaint them with the socio-political problems of India.
- To provide students with tools that would help them communicate effectively.
- Understanding crisp writing as part of Mass Communication
Introduction To Advertising
- To provide the students with basic understanding of advertising, growth, importance and types
- To comprehend the role of advertising , various departments, careers and creativity
Introduction To Journalism
- To help media students to acquaint themselves with an influential medium of journalism
- To create awareness about the process and working of Journalists in their respective fields
Media Gender & Culture
- To discuss the significance of culture and the media industry.
- To understand the association between the media, gender and culture in the society.
- The students become aware about the various impacts of media on the masses.
- To create awareness among the students related to various psychological theories that impact the human mind and their thinking
Introduction to Advance computers
- To equip the students with a understanding of industry knowledge required to make a career in the field of print and advertising, Digital Marketing, Television media, film etc
- To train them with the software knowledge required in the above mentioned Industries
- The students will have conceptual understanding of various movie cultures
- The paper aims at sensitizing students towards cinema as a medium of mass communication and help them to become a critical viewers of movies today
Introduction to Cultural Studies
- To create awareness on cultural theories and its relevance in media
- To discuss the importance of cultural studies and it’s role in mass media
Introduction to Creative Writing
- To acquaint students with basic concepts in literary writing
- To prepare students to write for media
- To prepare students for ethical and effective public communication on behalf of organization
- To help students acquire basic skills in the practical aspects of Media Relations& Crisis Management
MASS MEDIA RESEARCH
- To introduce students to debates in Research approaches and equip them with tools to carry on research
- To understand the scope and techniques of media research their utility and Limitations
INTRODUCTION TO JOURNALISM
- To help students to acquaint themselves with an influential medium of Journalism
- To create awareness about the process and correct practices that involve Journalism
PRINT PRODUCTION AND PHOTOGRAPHY
- To help students understand the principles and practice of photography and Print
- To enable students to enjoy the photography and print as an art.
- To foster management skills among students
- To impart knowledge of the basic concept and facets of organizational behavior
RADIO AND TELEVISION
- To acquaint students with the workings of two powerful media i.e radio and Television.
- To Make students aware about the importance and impact of these mediums on the Masses.
INTRODUCTION TO ADVERTISING
a)To introduce students to the basic steps in advertising
b)To make students understand the structure of Ad agency
Paper-I ADVERTISING IN CONTEMPORARY SOCIETY
- To recognize the roles of advertising in modern society
- To understand the current developments and problems concerning advertising as an economic and social force.
- To analyze the interdependent nature of advertising and popular culture.
- To familiarize the students with the concept of copywriting as selling through writing
- To develop their inherent writing skills
- To train students to generate, develop and express ideas effectively
Paper-III ADVERTISING DESIGN
-To expose students to the creative and technical aspects of art direction
Paper-IV CONSUMER BEHAVIOUR
- To introduce the students to the complexities of consumer behavior
Paper-V MEDIA PLANNING AND BUYING
- To develop knowledge of major media characteristics and buying advertising space.
- To develop an understanding of procedures, requirements, and techniques of media planning.
Paper-VI BRAND BUILDING
- To provide an introduction to the concepts and practices of contemporary brand management.
- To understand the appropriate strategies and tactics to build, measure and manage Brand Equity.
- To learn to plan an effective advertising campaign
Paper-I ADVERTISING AND MARKETING RESEARCH
- To discuss the foundations of research and audience analysis that is imperative to successful advertising
Paper-II LEGAL ENVIRONMENT AND ADVERTISING ETHICS
-To provide a perspective on the Legal Environment in India.
- To guide students of media through the various ethics connected to Advertising.
- Maharashtra state centric cases to be discussed in class as the situation demands.
Paper-III FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT FOR MARKETING AND ADVERTISING
-To give Introduction to Marketing and Advertising Finance
-To make them understand about the Long Term Finance and Sources of Long Term Finance
Paper-IV AGENCY MANAGEMENT
- To expose students to the business of advertising
-To familiarize students with the different aspects of running an ad agency
Paper-V THE PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICE OF DIRECT
-To learn and understand : What Direct marketing is, including direct marketing terminology
- How direct marketing differs from “traditional marketing”
Paper-VI CONTEMPORARY ISSUES Objectives: ¾ To sensitise students to the environment around them ¾ Developing a perspective towards issues related to the marginalized sections of the society
- Certain basic principles: Accuracy, Objectivity, Clarity and speed
- The need to verify news. On the spot coverage, checking with the sources, double checking for controversial stories
- Understanding New Values
- To allow improvement in language skills
- To impart skills required of a sub-editor
Paper-III FEATURE AND OPINION
- Commenting on differences between reporting and feature writhing, the special skills needed for feature / Opinion writing
- Role of opinion writing the need for mature thinking and professional experience
Paper-IV JOURNALISM AND PUBLIC OPINION
- To examine critically the relationship between the media and public, how much does the media influence public opinion
- Which are the agencies manipulating this process of influencing public opinion
Paper-V INDIAN REGIONAL JOURNALISM
- Study the evolution, growth and role in modern-day India of Indian newspapers other than in English
- Case studies of Hindi, Marathi, Telugu and Urdu newpapers
- Role of language papers in fostering socio – cultural development in their areas of circulation ¾
- Study intimacy between readers and language newspapers
Paper-VI NEWSPAPER – MAGAZINE MAKING
- This paper shall introduce the students to the art of newspaper and magazine design and will orient them towards the practical aspects of newspaper - magazine making. .
SEMESTER-VI JOURNALISM Paper-I PRESS LAW AND ETHICS
- To teach Law Introduction and Laws Classification of Laws
- To teach Copyright Act and Intellectual property Rights
Paper-II BROADCAST JOURNALISM
- To understand the development of broadcast journalism in India
- Lean skills and techniques required for broadcast journalism
- To learn how to handle equipment- a camcorder and recorder – for a story
- Regional language broadcast journalism to be examined as a growing and flourishing field
Paper-III BUSINESS AND MAGAZINE JOURNALISM (COMBINATION OF NICHE I AND II)