Every college employee shall at all times-
1) Maintain devotion to duty
2) Maintain high ethical standards and honest
3) Maintain courtesy and good behaviour with the students and parents
4) Take decisions solely in the interest of the cause of education and use or cause to use available resources efficiently. effectively and economically
5) Should not misuse his position as a college employee and not take decisions in order to derive financial or material benefits for himself, his family or his friends;
6) Act with fairness and impartiality and not discriminate against any student particularly belonging to the poor and /or under-privileged sections of society;
7) Refrain from doing anything which is or may be contrary to any law, rules, regulations and established practices.
8) Maintain discipline in the discharge of his duties and be liable to implement the lawful orders duly communicated to him.
CODE OF ETHICS AND CONDUCT FOR JMPC STUDENTS Preamble:
This code of conduct ( herein after briefly described as “Code”) is mandatory for all the students who enroll for various programmes offered by the college (
MITTAL COLLEGE OF ARTS & COMMERCE
) both aided and/or self-finance, hence all the students shall take note that they are bound to strictly observe the rules of conduct as per the code and shall have the rights and duties as specified in the code. The code endeavours to inculcate the principles of self-discipline, social responsibilities, collective responsibilities and peaceful coexistence among the students. Area of Operation / Jurisdiction of The Institute: The institutional jurisdiction shall exist over the conduct/behaviour of the enrolled students irrespective of their caste, creed, color and religion and the institute shall have all the powers to take congnisance of all the acts /events/incidents of ragging or otherwise taking place within the institute campus. The institute shall also have powers to exercise its jurisdiction in case of incidents happening outside the college campus which may spoil the reputation of the institute and which may affect the law and order within the college campus. The code shall be equally applicable during university sponsored activities, functions hosted by other recognized student organizations and /or any other such organizations for the benefit of the institute and the students. Students enrolling for any of the programmes offered by the institute and their parents / guardians shall be presumed to have carefully read and understood this code as amended from time to time and ignorance of the same shall not be accepted as excuse at any point of time. Rules for general discipline to be observed by the students.
Do’s For the students – Students shall
1) prominently display their valid I card on their person, preferably by wearing round the neck, while in the college campus and shall produce it to the college staff for verification as and when demanded.
2) report to the college sufficiently before the scheduled time table and shall adhere to the rules made therefor from time to time.
3) attend all the lectures as scheduled and shall maintain strict discipline during the course of the lectures.
4) protect property of the institute and shall immediately report the incidents of damage being caused to the college property to the concerned authorities.
5) immediately report the incidents of ragging within the college campus to the antiragging committee.
6) carefully handle the library resources / laboratory resources/computers /computer accessories/ furnitures/sports materials made available to them by the college and shall return it to the college on the expiry of the permitted usage period without any delay.
7) pay utmost respect to the teaching and non-teaching staff of the college and shall strictly follow the instructions issued by them from time to time.
8) Help the students council and other committees in conduct of various activities in a disciplined manner.
9) equally respect other religions and shall help the institute in maintaining religious harmony.